Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A planner or Flow Walker?

Written in 2004... Remincising... :)

Have you ever thought of where are you in this life? What are you doing? Have you ever wondered what your purpose is? Or maybe asked yourself: what do I like, want and where I want to be ten years from now? Did you ever get this cycle of questions?

Realising Your Ambition:

Instinctively, as we notice in kids; they always say what they want to be when they grow up. Some wants to be a doctor, others a teacher, while some wishes to be a Hollywood star! However, once they get into the teenage phase, some of these ambitious kids get distracted by life pleasures and forget all about their future and career. Specifically at this phase, a teenage guy or girl is building a coherent base for his/her personality. If his personality gets slightly deviated, it will affect and retard his progress in the next phase of his life to build a respectful future. Every person has a fruit within which for some has not been discovered yet. This might be due to several reasons; parents’ awareness and guidance must be increased.

Life Transitions:

A person passes through different transitions. Every transition is a complement to the one before it. For instance, after high school, students move to a higher phase called University or College life. However, upon the admission to university, the student must make a decision on what major to specialize in. Sadly, a huge percentage of students go with the flow; whatever the university allocates for them or whatever their parents decide on their behalf to study. It’s true that the student’s Tawjihi GPA plays a role in determining one’s acceptance in a major, but still a person must be the decider of his own choice! On the other hand, it is always beneficial to consult wiser experienced people to support your decision and then study the options you have and move on with your plan.

D.Y – 24 years explains “I was accepted to specialize in biology at JU after Tawjihi. I directly accepted it as honestly it didn’t matter for me which major to study. However, at my third year I discovered that this is not what I want! I found myself in media field and started taking courses and trainings to educate myself in that field. Now, I am working for a media company. I’m glad I discovered my path of interest while I’m still at university and not later, because the later you realize your interests, the later you will progress.”

Planning:

A plan is known as setting short or long term goals and objectives. And in our case, is setting up your life goals and objectives. The key to a successful career and life is firstly to know what you really want and what you are good at, then to determine the path you want to walk through. At that moment, you can set up your goals and the plan of action which you’ll stick to.

On the contrary, for some they emphasize that life circumstances got them to where they are now. However, that’s a luck shot, which they can’t stay relying on as it may fool them. Thus, a smart planner makes use of life circumstances and opportunities to his best interest and to serve the determined goals. Being a flow walker is out of a successful person life. Draw your own path!

Getting out of your Bubble:

As soon as you are born, you are restricted to a certain environment and lifestyle offered by your family. When you are a kid, you will be living in your parents’ territory; fully depending on them. However, once you get mature you’ll have to realize life challenges and obstacles, which will lead you to determine a lifestyle of your own within the well known norms. Few are those who get out of their bubble to be the managers and leaders of themselves. O.H – 19 years “I recommend every young person to experience living independently on their own whether it was abroad or within their country. Because, this will enrich their life experiences, yet, being internationally exposed will aid in making young persons thinking on the edge, and getting more mature.”

Where are you now from your plans?

Evaluating your progress in achieving your goals is an indicator to show you where you are now and how much do you have ahead. A.M – 22 years “In a narrow level, I always carry my agenda in my bag and jot down my to-do-list the day before. It allows me to be more organized and focused. On a higher level, I have a long term plan knowing what I want to achieve in five years period. It has been a year since I realized my ambition and since then I am in a continuous evaluation of my performance. It’s paying back well! ”.

No comments:

Post a Comment